|Ability||Opening Gambit: Summon two copies of this minion on random spaces.|
Opening Gambit: Summon two copies of this minion on random spaces.
- Two exact copies of this minion are summoned randomly across the board.
- Being exact copies, if the units summoned by the Opening Gambit are recalled using Hailstone Prison or similar effects, they will retain the same Opening Gambit.
- For Flash Incarnation and Kujata's case, only the original copy will suffer the damage by these cards' effects.
- Kara's BBS effectively buffs the copies, resulting in three Ash Mephyts with +1/+1.
- Synergy with Grailmaster and Portal Guardian. For cards that read "whenever you summon a minion from your action bar," this card only activates that effect once.
- Synergy with AoE buffs such as Akrane's First Sword, Razorback and Soulshatter Pact.
Ash Mephyt would be played in a Zoo-style or Swarm deck. Its high mana cost, however, prevents it from being included in those decks. Most Zoo or Swarm decks have options far cheaper than Ash Mephyt. Its unanimous exclusion from the only deck type that would consider it results in Ash Mephyt hardly ever being played in Duelyst.
v. 0.0.27 - Added: Ash Mephyt - 5 mana 2/3 Opening Gambit: Summon two copies of this minion on random spaces.