This minion's cost is your General's health.
- Blood Taura’s mana cost is definite and can’t be adjusted by anything.
- All mana reduction cards (Flash Reincarnation, Darkfire Sacrifice, Arcane Devourer) will not change the cost of Blood Taura.
- Taura will uniquely progress the Hideatsu the Ebon Ox trial as the only 25 cost minion, regardless of it's cost reduction, but post destiny will deal damage equal to the mana spent to cast it.
Blood Taura is the epitome of desperation. It can be expected to be playable when the player is close to dying. Otherwise, it is a dead card in hand. Even when it can be played, opponents will have little problem removing it to win the game. For these reasons Taura sees only play in meme decks.
Blood Taura is most effective when the deck has the following:
- cards that produce immediate value from Taura's high stats such as Spirit of the Wild or Corporeal Cadence.
- ability to lower health quickly with cards such as Flameblood Warlock.
- cards that prevent lethal at low health such as Concealing Shroud or Eternal Heart.