After this minion attacks or counterattacks, turn it into an Egg.
Description[edit | edit source]
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Raptyr has some very quirky (bugged?) interactions:
- When destroyed outside of combat, Raptyr behaves like a normal Rebirth minion.
- When Raptyr is the one attacking, then it never dies (even if the counterattack would be for a lethal amount of damage!) and instead always transforms into an egg. In particular, any kind of on-death effect will not trigger. This makes it a good choice for a Keeper of the Vale deck because most of the time Raptyr won't pollute Keeper's card pool.
- The tricky case: If Raptyr is attacked for a lethal amount of damage and successfully counterattacks, then it appears as though it first dies, but then transforms into an egg.
- So on-death effects will occur, for example:
- Deathwatch effects trigger
- Capricious Marauder will change control
- Oblivion Sickle counts it as being destroyed
- Infest triggers
- Wraithlings summoned by Necrotic Sphere or Dark Transformation
- However, since the egg comes from transformation, on-summon effects won't occur:
- The Raptyr egg will always appear and won't be overwritten by Spinecleaver, Gibbet, Rage Reactor, White Asp etc.
- Dreadnought will not buff the egg
- Venom Toth and Crimson Oculus will not trigger
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]