|Ability||Opening Gambit: This minion fights a nearby enemy minion.|
Opening Gambit: This minion fights a nearby enemy minion.
- "Fights" means that Lavaslasher deals 4 damage to the enemy minion and gets as much damage as much attack this minion has.
- Because it is an Opening Gambit Lavaslasher also ignores Provoke. It also doesn't get buffed by First Sword of Akrane for the Opening Gambit.
- Because fighting doesn't count as attack there are several minions whose effects don't work:
- it doesn't buff Wild Tahr
- it doesn't proc E'Xun and Frostiva
- Sunstone Templar doesn't dispel Lavaslasher
- Spiral Counter doesn't work
- Backstab also doesn't work
- Dampening Wave doesn't prevent the damage for Lavaslasher.
- Boulder Breacher's Bond ability doesn't work for Lavaslasher.
- Erratic Raptyr doesn't turn into an Egg.
- Day Watcher doesn't heal its general.
- Bonechill Barrier doesn't stun Lavaslasher.
- Bluetip Scorpion doesn't deal double damage to Lavaslasher even though Bluetip's ability is not described as an attack.