|Ability||Put an EXACT copy of a friendly minion into your action bar.|
Put an EXACT copy of a friendly minion into your action bar.
- Buffs and other effects will be present when you summon the copy. Ex: Stunned minion copied will come in play Stunned.
- A copy of a damaged minion will come into play fully healed, however.
- Minions that have completed their build will be summoned unbuilt.
- Copies of minions that haven't completed their build will have their build counter reset when summoned.
- Temporary buffs such as Saberspine Seal on the EXACT copy on your hand will vanish once the player ends the turn.
- You can duplicate key minions, but they come at a +2 cost. Play it on your lethal threats and victory conditions to back them up (such as MECHAZ0R!). Your opponent is going to pay 2+ on on removal too, and if he doesn't this means you're winning.
- Play it on buffed minions, to reduce the "cards per body" average and duplicate a good combo result.
- It's probably better to keep your copied minion out of reach of mass removal (avoiding Lightbender, EMP, Eternity Painter, etc.)
Still, due to the nature of Duelyst effectiveness/cost ratios which augment drastically from one turn to the next, your best threat at turn N will be a much lesser asset on turn N+1 or N+2. Consequently, only the maximum and optimal threats of your deck are really valid targets for Second Self.